Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Wiley
Grey Outline

293 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yah that is bull.

But at LS it is pretty ridiculous, all I did there was some white out tags and people are doing paint tags and DOO-DOO-BROWN, what a waste.

Living a lie.
Btl Crew.
Go to Top of Page

FLASH ABC
Administrator (NYC Fat Cap)

USA
7600 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLASH ABC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wiley

Yah that is bull.

But at LS it is pretty ridiculous, all I did there was some white out tags and people are doing paint tags and DOO-DOO-BROWN, what a waste.

I have pictures of that skate park. there was no bombing it was just a few tags. they are blowing it out for the media and they dont want people hanging around there. but guess what ill be there when that park opens.

http://projectlogan.tumblr.com/
Go to Top of Page

FLASH ABC

USA
7600 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLASH ABC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FREE REEM FREE REEM

Go to Top of Page

gonerface
Orange Dot

Albania
658 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit gonerface's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FLASH ABC

quote:

Yah that is bull.

I have pictures of that skate park. there was no bombing it was just a few tags. they are blowing it out for the media and they dont want people hanging around there. but guess what ill be there when that park opens.

When did you flick the stuff?
They did a report on it on fox..from what I saw it was pretty bad...and I happened to know the cats that hit it up(and verified the wreckage)..I kno starting yesterday they started replacing the ply wood.. I even told dude they killed it for the skaters..

Now my wheels are gonna be sticky with tar..and spray paint..

Idk..I just mean out of respect..a tag here and there is decnt like wiley stated..but after that its like come one n***a they built us a park we gonna wreck it all quick..

FREE REEM! HE SHOULD BE OUT BY NOW!!

The Real
Culture & More..

www.thereal312.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SyceYoko
Orange Dot

South Africa
514 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where the park at so i can ride my bmx. i need a new spot.

http://www.streetleadersrus.blogspot.com

IMPOSSIBLE IS A FORM OF WEAKNESS

Go to Top of Page

Wiley
Grey Outline

293 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  7:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/VandalismPark

That's bogus on the tool box, that's personal DOO-DOO-BROWN, all the outlines on the ramps look toy too.

Living a lie.
Btl Crew.
Go to Top of Page

FAZEONE MADCREW

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  7:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY DUMMIES! WHAT DAY IS THIS? APRIL 1ST, I THINK! REEM PULLED ONE OVER ON YOU GUYS! HIS WIFEY WOULD CALL FAM. FIRST THEN POST. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS A GOOD ONE. MAYBE THOSE FEZ WEARIN' MONKIES GOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

FAZEONE
MADCREW

Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  8:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
APRIL FOOL Y'ALL. GOT YA. TY FLASH FOR ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE. SORRY PEOPLE. I WAS NEVER ARRESTED. AND FAZE IS RIGHT. MY WIFE WOULD HAVE CALLED FAMILIA FIRST. SORRY BUT CALL ME A meet the Focker's..LMAO...PEACE...REEM/MAD CREW
Go to Top of Page

gonerface
Orange Dot

Albania
658 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  8:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit gonerface's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/VandalismPark

That's bogus on the tool box, that's personal DOO-DOO-BROWN, all the outlines on the ramps look toy too.

TOLD YALL....SOME STRAIGHT DOOKIE..
I TOLD PAPITAS...HE MIGHT OF KILLED IT FOR ANY POTENTIAL PRODUCTIONS THERE...HOPEFULLY NOT..
------------------------------------------------

REEM!! F.U.C.K.E.R! I THOUGHT IT WAS TOO MUCH OF A COENCIDENCE...WE WERE TALKING ABOUT SLAPS AND YOUR ASS GETS HEMPED UP!! YOU HAD ME GOING...HAHHA GOOD LAUGH..

The Real
Culture & More..

Go to Top of Page

SyceYoko
Orange Dot

South Africa
514 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  02:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao good one. you were the only one to think of some shyt like that. DEF

http://www.streetleadersrus.blogspot.com

IMPOSSIBLE IS A FORM OF WEAKNESS

Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  06:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK. BACK TO BUSINESS. IT WAS A SLOW NEWS DAY SO THEY PUT THAT ARTICLE ABOUT THE SKATE PARK IN THE PAPER. THE NEXT DAY SOME CAT SMUGGLES A .380 THAT IF I AM NOT WRONG, COULD BE A MICRO EAGLE. WHATS A MORE SERIOUS OFFENCE?? PLUS, SKATERS KINDA LIKE THAT"URBAN" FEEL WHEN THEY SKATE. LIKE DOGTOWN WAS'NT BOMBED. SO WHO CARES? PEACE...REEM/MAD CREW
Go to Top of Page

gonerface
Orange Dot

Albania
658 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  10:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit gonerface's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't that's why I got out of my way to go to bensenville or schiller park and elmwood park to skate there parks..

Nice flat clean cement grounds and waxed railed...
And not a spot of spray paint...

The Real
Culture & More..

Go to Top of Page

FLASH ABC

USA
7600 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  10:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLASH ABC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SyceYoko

dang i just read all of whars going on with REEM. Lets keep him in thought. Free Reem!

Go to Top of Page

Moreone
Pink Dot

Uzbekistan
2152 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  12:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I got pretty pissed off when I saw those ugly tags on that skate park. Leave that skate park alone. Give it a few weeks before it get's blessed. Who ever done those writings should get stuck in the mouth. Leave it alone for a couple of weeks; then ask permission if you can do some art work on the ramps.
When does this joint open?
Damn kids! You guys are like a bunch of hoolagens. What ever happened to good-o street art.
Go to Top of Page

FLASH ABC

USA
7600 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  12:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLASH ABC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moreone

Personally, I got pretty pissed off when I saw those ugly tags on that skate park. Leave that skate park alone. Give it a few weeks before it get's blessed. Who ever done those writings should get stuck in the mouth. Leave it alone for a couple of weeks; then ask permission if you can do some art work on the ramps.
When does this joint open?
Damn kids! You guys are like a bunch of hoolagens. What ever happened to good-o street art.

as soon as it opens im battling you on the table top !!!!!

Go to Top of Page

SloeOne
Gold Dot

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  02:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit SloeOne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://animalnewyork.com/2009/04/utah-faces-graffiti-charges-in-queens-court/

f**k KING CAPONE AND HIS DAMN AIRPORT
Go to Top of Page

SloeOne
Gold Dot

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  02:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit SloeOne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.bombchicago.com/uncategorized/chicago-mayor-condones-graffiti/

f**k KING CAPONE AND HIS DAMN AIRPORT
Go to Top of Page

FLASH ABC

USA
7600 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  1:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLASH ABC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Graffiti Not Always 'Sneaky Art'
By Ted Landphair
Washington, D.C.
20 April 2009

White settlers moving west scratched these and other messages on the rocks at what is now El Morro National Monument in New Mexico. It used to cost the Chicago mass transit authority $20 million a year to clean up graffiti, or rude decorations, that people had spray-painted on subway cars, buses and station signs. Then the agency got smart. Instead of just chasing and prosecuting taggers, as graffiti artists are called, it began encouraging and rewarding them.

Wall scratching and unauthorized cave paintings go back to ancient Greece and Rome and beyond. And keeping one step ahead of the law while spray-painting messages such as "Freddie Loves Linda" or "Paco Was Here" is a thrill for today's taggers and their friends. But these painted flourishes infuriate property owners, offend many passersby and make a bus or a subway system or a neighborhood seem unsafe.

Some of the Chicago wall art approaches fine murals in quality
When Chicago transit police caught some of these graffiti artists, they found them to be decent kids who were just showing off. And since it cost a lot of time and money to take them to court, the agency chose seven spots around Chicago, erected huge walls and said, "OK, kids, go at it." (FLASHES NOTE: WHERE ARE THESE WALLS? THIS IS THE CTA AND CHICAGO PROPAGANDA. THE CTA COMNPS FINISHED IN THE 90'S AFTER THEY HAD PICTURES OF THE ARTIST FACES AND PROCESCUTED THEM LATER)

It didn't stop all illegal tagging for sure, but it nurtured an entire community of legal artists who proudly show off their work on the street and online. Some of their work is even judged by experts, with paid commissions and scholarships to art academies as rewards.

FLASHES NOTE: WE DO NOT LIVE IN TEXAS
On the Cadillac Ranch, near Amarillo, Texas, an eccentric helium tycoon employed a design firm to bury 10 old Cadillacs nose down and has since invited anyone with a spray-paint to go for it
Very few of the legal taggers have been arrested for vandalizing property elsewhere, and the approved walls are almost never defaced by illegal graffiti.

So in Chicago, and now in many other American communities as well, there's a place you can go and spray "Paco Was Here" - not in the dead of night with one eye out for the cops, but in the middle of the day if you feel like it, with the police looking on, approvingly.

http://www.voanews.com/english/AmericanLife/2009-04-20-voa15.cfm

Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  08:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HAD THE PLEASURE TO GET A SKATERS OPINION ON THIS MATTER. I KNOW THIS KID FROM A GUY I USED TO WORK WITH WHO SHOOTS FLICKS FOR A SKATE MAG AND HAS HIS OWN WEBSITE AS WELL.THIS GUY IS A SEMI PRO SKATER WHO HAS MANY SPONSERS, LIKE CLOTHING, HARDWARE, BOARDS,ETC. AT LEAST HALF A DOZEN SPONSERS.HE HAS SKATED WITH PRO SKATERS, ONE OF WHOM WAS ON JACKASS THE MOVIE. I ASKED HIM WHAT HE THOUGHT.MIND YOU, HE IS A SKATER AND NOT A GRAFF HEAD. THIS IS HIS OPINION 1. STATE YOUR NAME: mike
2.WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE GRAFFITI AT THE SKATE PARK IN LOGAN SQUARE? I think there's a huge difference between tasteful graffiti and tagging everything in sight. There are artists out there who can create something that is truly aesthetically pleasing, and these people need to be viewed differently than vandals and gangbanger wannabe kids that think its cool to destroy something that was fought hard to get. There is such thing as respect, and some of these kids just don't have it. The city spent half a million dollars organizing this park, and you show your gratitude by making it look like a filthy junkyard.

3.DO YOU THINK THERE IS A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN URBAN ART AND SKATING? It seems to be an evergrowing aspect of the skateboarding community, what with huge populations living in urban areas and growing up around that type of lifestyle. There's also plenty of kids in the more rural areas that wish to imitate the art, but also lack the talent, respect, or general regard for property that the real artists do.
4.VENICE BEACH SEEMS TO BE A MECCA FOR SKATERS AND THE WHOLE PLACE WAS RIDDLED WITH GRAFFITI. DO YOU FEEL THIS IS ANT DIFFERENT?
Well, it is a completely different culture over there. much of the graffiti out there didn't start in the skate community. It was there in the 70s before all the dogtown thing took off. I think the skaters kinda leeched off of it and the whole lifestyle and just keep it going. but then again, i may have no idea what i'm talking about...
5.IN YOUR OPINION WITH THE SAME "URBAN" THEME, WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST THE CITY DO TO MAKE THE SKATE PARK LOOK CLEANER?? I think they need to do what was suggested before. Commission a serious artist to paint a mural, and erect a large enough wall to satisfy the kids that want to tag DOO-DOO-BROWN up. This shouldn't be a problem, you just need a few 4x4's and some plywood, which can be bought for about 100 bucks at home depot to put up a 20-30 foot long wall 8 feet high, double sided.

THANK YOU FOR YOU HONEST OPINION AND TIME MIKE..PEACE MAD CREW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
Go to Top of Page

S1

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  10:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing works better than a wall dedicated to tags only. time and time again, if you put a wall up for tags only, no one will destroy the rest of the place.............
I've spoken.......
FLASH??

S1

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Chicago Graffiti © ABC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000