Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  12:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THE SARCASM IS SUBTLE S1. BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR AN OPINION FROM A CIVILIAN. AS I NOTED, THE KID ISNT A GRAFF HEAD BUT JUST A SKATER. NOTHING WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF PPL GETING UP IN THERE . THE SAD THING IS THAT THE PPL WHO ARE BOMBING THE CRAP OUT OF THE PLACE THINKS SKATERS WILL RECOGNIZE THEM. THINK A KID WHO IS GONNA SKATE THOSE RAMPS WILL STOP IN MID OLLIE AND GO "I JUST SAW A REEM TAG!!" NOPE. THEY DONT CARE AND THE CITY WILL CLEAN UP. BUT THE POINT IS THAT THESE KIDS WANNA HAVE FUN. GOD FORBID THE COPS STOP BY THE PLACE AND SOME SKATER OR BMX'R JUST HAPPENS TO HAVE A MARKER ON HIM. THEY WILL GET THE BAD REP AND CLOSE THE PLACE. I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT HAPPEN. I WAS THERE 2 WEEKS AGO AND IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD TIME FOR WHO WAS PRESENT. AND AS FAR AS A WALL FOR JUST TAGS? NO. THATS NOT THE SOLUTION. I JUST WANTED TO ASK ANOTHER PARTY TO SEE WHAT THEY WANTED (NOT THAT I HAVE A SAY IN THE MATTER), BUT ITS NICE FOR OTHERS TO VOICE THEIR OPINION. EVEN THOUGH ALOT OF WRITERS ARE SKATERS, I AM SURE EVEN THEY THINK IT LOOKS TRASHY. THATS JUST MY OWN OPINION. MAYOR KING CAPONE, YOU HAVE THE BUFF AND SPENT TONS OF MONEY ON THIS PARK TO KEEP KIDS OUT OF TROUBLE. CLEAN IT UP OR IT WILL BE BOMBED TO THE UPMOST BOMBTIVITY. (I THINK I JUST MADE UP A WORD). AND FLASH...SY SAID THANKS FOR THE VIDS "DARTH VADER" PEACE...MAD CREW
Go to Top of Page

S1
Administrator (NYC Fat Cap)

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  1:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there's no sarcasm. put a tag wall up and thats all anyone will tag. at keps set...there was a tag wall up and thats all everyone tagged. almost every major writer was there...and the place was left clean...no sarcasm....otherwise the park will remain trashed...i can guarantee that....that's a fact....

S1

Edited by - S1 on 04/23/2009 2:01:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  2:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WORD...MAD CREW
Go to Top of Page

gonerface
Orange Dot

Albania
658 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  2:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit gonerface's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 20 ft long wall seemd like a good idea...
Every month or other month people can throw up a production on eather side...

About the "just tag" wall..seems dope too..but, u kno some kid without self control will bust a fill or jock a big ass spot...

The Real
Culture & More..

www.thereal312.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

S1

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  09:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gonerface

The 20 ft long wall seemd like a good idea...
Every month or other month people can throw up a production on eather side...

About the "just tag" wall..seems dope too..but, u kno some kid without self control will bust a fill or jock a big ass spot...

In the end, the city will figure out that they're gonna stop putting up these skate parks.

S1

Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  09:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
S1, I THINK YOU WOULD AGREE THAT A SKATE PARK IS BETTER THAN THESE KIDS SKATING ON THE STREET. I HAVE SKATERS BY ME THAT SKATE IN THE STREET AND THE AVERAGE JOE THINKS THEY ARE CAUSING TROUBLE AND CALLS THE COPS ON THEM.DOES SKATING HURT ANYONE? NO..DOES WRITING HURT ANYONE? NO. FINE, WRITING ON A WALL DOES COST THE CITY MONEY BUT ITS NOT LIKE A GRAFF HEAD IS OUT THERE SHOOTING PEOPLE. BEING OLDER, SOMETIMES I SEE THIS WALL RIGHT BY MY HOUSE THAT IS A SITTING DUCK. ITS BOMBED ALL THE TIME. I SEE THE THROWIES ON THERE AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK. IS IT GOOD OR BAD? AT FIRST I DIDNT LIKE IT. NOW I GOT USED TO IT. I WISH I HAD FLICKS OF A CERTAIN PERSON THAT DID A THROWIE ABOUT 5 FT HIGH ON THAT WALL. I THINK YOU CAN GUESS WHO IT WAS. ANYWAYS, TALK ABOUT WANDERING OFF A SUBJECT. MAYBE THERE MIGHT BE A WALL UP THERE AT THE SKATE PARK TO PLEASE WRITERS AND SKATERS. BUT THE BOTTOM LINE. THAT PLACE WILL NEVER BE CLEAN. PEACE...MAD CREW
Go to Top of Page

S1

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  09:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that's what I'm trying to say. If the city, or anyone else is going to make an issue of graff on the walls at or near a skate park, good luck. the stuff goes hand-in-hand due to several elements involved namely, youth, music, no parental monitoring (in the skate park), popular culture. We can try and separate skating and graff, but it won't work. I've skated all my life. my first deck was at 4 years old. I still have evey deck I've ever owned. Every issue of Thrasher I own, dating back to its initial launch shows graff (tags and pieces) in the bowls, pipes and ramps. It's popular culture. Whether you thrash a deck, a bowl or a wall, it's a youth movement. I love skate parks. this one we're talking about is in my hood. I want it to stay open. I want to skate it. I want my kids to skate it. You might see me there if you keep your eyes open.
PEACE.

pS..where's the wall you're talking about?

S1

Edited by - S1 on 04/24/2009 09:39:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

gonerface
Orange Dot

Albania
658 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  09:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit gonerface's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I personally dnt skate as much anymore..but 3-4 yrs back I can rem. Going to elmwood park skate park...bensenville...schiller park..and other chicagoland area skate park and they were never that bad...

Reems right though, that's why I would go out of my way to skate at parks somtimes..cuz u couldn't skate infront of a spot without the owner or 5-0 stopping by to say "u can't skate here"....

Idk if its the "grown folk" in me but some kids just need self control and some morals...

The Real
Culture & More..

Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  12:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NOW S1, WHY WOULD I GIVE OUT THE INFO ABOUT WHERE THIS WALL IS? ITS CLASSIFIED. SOME CREWS KNOW. ITS A SITTING DUCK. BUT ENOUGH HITS AND THE OWNER COULD BOW DOWN AND BAM, IT COULD BE A NEW N/W SIDE PERMISSION WALL. LETS JUST SAY ITS BY A CERTAIN PARK. GRAFF BLASTERS HAVE TO HIT IT AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH. I LEAK OUT THAT INFO AND EVERY KID TRYING TO MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF OR HERSELF WILL BOMB IT. I AM TRYING NOT TO LEAK IT. I WILL GIVE A SMALL HINT. THE STUDENTS OF THIS SCHOOL WOULD LOVE A BIG BURNER ON THAT WALL. NUFF SAID. PEACE...MAD CREW
Go to Top of Page

gonerface
Orange Dot

Albania
658 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  1:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit gonerface's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Flash,I challange you to a game of s.k.a.t.e!!
Make me bust out my element deck..

The Real
Culture & More..

Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  10:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THEY SHOULD MAKE A GONER DECK WITH INDY HARDWARE AND SWEET WHEELS. NICE BEARINGS. OR ANY GRAFF DOOD FOR THAT MATTER. THEY BANK OFF OF US. MAYBE AN ABC DECK TOO. PEACE. MAD CREW
Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  10:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LAST COMMENT ON THE SKATEPARK. WHATEVER THEY DO IS JUST THAT, BUILD A WALL TO PLEASE BOTH PARTY'S. FLASH GAVE ME A DOCUMENTARY ON CHICAGO GRAFF AND 1 LINE STICKS OUT IN MY HEAD. ITS RELATIVE TO ARE WE DESTROYING OR BEAUTIFYING? THE LINE IS FROM SINE. HE SAID "LAST I HEARD, YOU PAINTED THINGS TO FIX THEM." YOU KNOW WHAT HE MEANT. PEACE OUT AND HAVE A GREAT SAFE WEEKEND PEOPLE. MAD CREW. (THAT SOUND SO CORNY)
Go to Top of Page

gonerface
Orange Dot

Albania
658 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  11:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit gonerface's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by REEM

THEY SHOULD MAKE A GONER DECK WITH INDY HARDWARE AND SWEET WHEELS. NICE BEARINGS. OR ANY GRAFF DOOD FOR THAT MATTER. THEY BANK OFF OF US. MAYBE AN ABC DECK TOO. PEACE. MAD CREW

You gave me an idea.
Indy trucks; that's what's good...
I started wit indy trucks...
You do mean independent right? Lol

The Real
Culture & More..

Edited by - gonerface on 04/25/2009 11:04:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

REEM
Orange Dot

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  06:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES, INDEPENDANT TRUCKS. SPITFIRE WHEELS AND SOME SWEET BEARINGS. I HAVENT SKATED IN A LONG TIME SO I DONT KNOW WHAT BEARING ARE GOOD THESE DAYS. I'M SO OLD THAT THE FIRST SKATER I LIKED WAS GUIMBY. THAT LITTLE GREEN GUY WOULD SKATE WITH AN INVISIBLE BOARD. WELL THATS WHAT I THOUGHT, MAYBE IT WAS TO MUCH SMOKING IN THEM DAYS? PEACE...MAD CREW
Go to Top of Page

gonerface
Orange Dot

Albania
658 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  10:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit gonerface's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Indy has been around for a minute right? Like early 90s...snap.

My element deck:

Bam margera deck
Phantom 2 trucks
Girl 50 mm wheels
Black magic grip tape
Black panther bearings.(keep my wheels speening for over 2 minutes!!, I've tested them)

Haha im way off topic..my bad.

The Real
Culture & More..

Edited by - gonerface on 04/26/2009 10:13:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

S1

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  7:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From a newspaper article regarding LS skate park FLASH just posted........
Final sentence of the artice........

"We're taggers, we're not gangbangers," the 17-year-old said. "It's
like saying, 'Yo, I was here.' Someone should commission a wall that
we could all sign. That would be awesome

NUFF said

S1

Go to Top of Page

FLASH ABC

USA
7604 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  10:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLASH ABC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gonerface

Flash,I challange you to a game of s.k.a.t.e!!
Make me bust out my element deck..

I DONT SKATE I FREESTYLE.... DONT MAKE ME WHIP OUT MY CW !!!!

http://projectlogan.tumblr.com/
Go to Top of Page

FLASH ABC

USA
7604 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  2:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLASH ABC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Bridgeport Alderman Orders Mural Erased (5/16/2009)
A Chicago artist is considering his options. He's angry about his mural; it was painted over by the city's Graffiti Blasters. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports that the mayor weighed in on the controversy Tuesday.

Round two of the artist versus the alderman on a controversy over a mural painted on a Bridgeport garage. The alderman feared it could incite violence, but most everyone else agrees the way it was dealt with, was wrong.

"It was a mistake," Mayor Richard M. KING CAPONE said. "It was a mistake. We'll find out. It's not that serious."

Ed Marszewski's family owns the building and commissioned the mural, painted by local artist Gabriel Villa, before the city's Graffiti Busters covered up two weeks of work in a matter of minutes; after a call from 11th Ward Alderman James Balcer.

"It's completely still utterly baffling to me," said building owner Ed Marszewski. "The supervisor then said, 'I called the alderman and said this isn't graffiti, this is public, art, maybe we shouldn't paint over it.' And then he was told he had to paint over the mural by the alderman."

"It's just one mistake, it's a mistake," Mayor KING CAPONE said. "I'm sorry. This is not the end of the world."

The mayor used the word mistake 10 times in Tuesday's news conference. But neither he nor anyone else has explained what that mistake was.

Streets & Sanitation called it "miscommunication" and said someone received "disciplinary action." But who? And for what? Carrying out an order given by an alderman?

"He's actually put the spotlight on the whole matter, which I don't think my mural, I don't think any mural could have had that much impact," said artist Gabriel Villa.

A longtime Bridgeport resident who had problems with the depictions of the crucifix and skull on the mural weighed in on the controversy.

"Bottom line, you're right," said Bridgeport resident Robin Riggs. "If there is no law that states that you need a permit to do that, then they should've left it alone."

Tuesday night, as the mural meant to raise the issue of surveillance in society remains just a memory, the artist is asking for an apology from Ald. Balcer and a new mural.

"It'd be nice if he looked for a public wall and maybe commissioned at his own expense a wall that addresses freedom of speech," Villa said.

Ald. Balcer's response to the request for an apology? "Never."

CBS 2 learned that the alderman and the artist did talk by phone but did little more than agree to disagree on everything except the action taken against the city worker. Both consider him an innocent victim who should not have been disciplined.

Go to Top of Page

FLASH ABC

USA
7604 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  3:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLASH ABC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ward Office: 3659 S. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60609

Ward Phone: 773-254-6677

E-Mail: jbalcer@cityofchicago.org

City Hall Office: 121 N. Lasalle St.
Room 203 Chicago, IL 60602

City Hall Phone: 312-744-6663

Go to Top of Page

manek
Orange Dot

556 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  6:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
meet the Focker's that alderman and the mayor and any other alderman who does nothing but discriminate against others views.
the city buffed a mural we did in memory of our good friend evol as well as afroe. Migue painted an almost identical face of Andrew(evol) and the city had the nerve to buff it brown and then threatened to take the owner of the property to court and fine them.
This city is a joke. Whether u say this is the best city or not, bottom line it's a piece of DOO-DOO-BROWN joke...Currupt ass ignorant meet the Focker'ss, point blank.
RIP EVOL AERO SKIP EDER AFROE KEP KISE DEPTE ETC

Since 13, a chubby n***a on the scene

AERO LIVES
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Chicago Graffiti © ABC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000